Before you apply layers of paint, priming is necessary. It’s a pre-conditional process that you have to take. From the name itself, priming will provide the foundation on which the real color coat is applied. On almost every occasion, it is suggested to prime the wall before you proceed to interior painting Newport Beach.
Difference Between Paint and Primer
Primers utilize various formulation of chemicals. Unlike ordinary paint, primers have a different pigment and resin formulation. Typically, primers utilize an adhesive-resin. This material will help smoothen the surface of a wall. Meanwhile, paints have a formula of pigmentation that enable various colors onto the surface.
Types of Primers
There are various forms of primer painting technologies for various painting films. You’ve got to understand the various feature that every primer paint type has to provide if you want to pick the right primer. Here are some of them:
- Colored Primer
Primers come in various accent colors. The undertone color primers of the wall enables for vibrant color with less top-coating.
- Drywall Primer
PVA (polyvinyl acetate) is the primary ingredient of the drywall primer. This is specifically made for porous surfaces. This type of primer will fill the imperfections and holes. Also, it prepares the drywall for the final painting.
- Stain Blocking Primer
This type of primer is vital to keep the plaster wall blemish-free and smudge-free. There are two types of stain blocking primer. Each type provides various purposes in both exterior and interior conditions.
- Latex primer is one form of stain blocking primer. It is a water-based primer. This type has the solvent based coverage of grease, scuff marks, and much more.
- Another type of oil-based stain-blocking primer. It is utilized for a glossy finish on a sleek surface. This type of stain-blocking primer covers the pre-existing damage of the wall caused by elements such as rust, smoke, water, and much more.
Importance of Primer
Though priming is sometimes neglected, it’s one of the most vital process for both exterior and interior painting. Possibilities are the painter has skipped out on priming the wall if a newly painted surface does not turn out to be as vibrant and pristine as it is supposed to be.
You should always look for a professional and dependable house painter if you want to guarantee the ideal quality paint finish for your walls. Here are a couple of reasons why primer is vital:
- An undertone priming will help to establish a superior color resonance, no matter what shades or tints you want to provide to your walls. The reason for this is that primer paint comes in various accent colors.
- Primer also improves the lifespan of your paint job. Your paint will end up with blisters, craters, and blotches if you don’t have primer. The reason for this is that primer smoothens the film and hides blemishes properly.
- Finally, primer enables a fine one-coat polish. It’s much better to apply primer paint to your walls before painting it. if a professional does not recommend a primer, it is best to hire another one.